Lyon is one of the best cities in France that you must visit. The town is third largest in France. It is the funds of Rhone-Alps region. The city is renowned for its historical and social heritage. A number of its buildings and galleries have been listed in world history site list of UNESCO.
Some of the best locations to visit and explore within Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Cathedral: This church is dedicated to St. John and St. Stephen. It was built during Twelfth and the 13th century. The earliest parts of the church have finally been closed for hopes and are kept for the public display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the beautiful courtyards that were constructed during the time of renaissance in the Roman style of architecture.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is actually the oldest theater in France and was started in 11th century AD. There's a great regard and value for this amongst the nearby inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a popular park that is made in the English style of architecture. The park was built throughout the 19th century and it is one of the biggest and many beautiful city parks associated with France. It is a great place for family outings and other recreational activities. The main highlights of the recreation area include a big greenhouse, organic garden along with a rose backyard. Recently African Plains have also been added where the animals can roam freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house was started in 1826 and was later reopened in 1993. The place has located many opera performances as well as dance exhibits. The cup ceiling from the building would be to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Great Lyon: This is an additional fascinating appeal. The aquarium tank is located around the outskirts from the city and it has a bit of entertainment for almost everyone. There are a number of varieties of fishes and other aquatic life species have been stored here. Many informative classes and slideshows will also be organized to teach the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: It is really an ideal spot for the dance lovers. This theater has been dedicated to dancing where you can discover various type of dance. There's a museum which is also situated in the vicinity of the same building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is one of the largest retail center in France. The actual mall has got the presence of almost all the major brands in the world. But avoid this place every sunday as it can obtain crowded.
Lyon is one of the best places in France to see and discover sortir Ã Lyon. Eurostar is one of the greatest means to achieve Paris and then you can take either TGV train or even bus to Lyon.
Lyon, the cooking capital associated with France, which is the third largest town and second biggest metropolitan area in France. This particular city is known for its culture and 2000 year-old history. This particular city began by the Romans and a history city as recognized by UNESCO. This wonderful city can be found between Paris and Marseille and 470 km from Paris. You can reach there from Geneva that is just 170 km away. It is located in East of France between 2 rivers named as Rhone and Saone. The people residing there are known as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' environment and climate is nice to go to in the month of Sept and October.